It’s time to ring in 2016 in mind, body and style!
What are our most common New Year’s goals? GO Banking Rates set out to find out what people were thinking about for New Year’s this year. A survey of over 5,000 people, over 45% said living life to its fullest was their top resolution.
Here’s how the survey results broke down:
Americans’ 2016 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Enjoy life to the fullest (45.7%)
- Live a healthier lifestyle (41.1%)
- Lose weight (39.6%)
- Spend more time with family and friends (33.2%)
- Save more, spend less (30.1%)
- Pay down debt (27.5%)
Studies have shown that only 8% of us actually reach our goals. How sad! When you start the New Year and try to make numerous life altering changes we may fail at one which then seems to create a domino effect…so keep it simple.
How do we “live life to the fullest”? I reached out to on of my gal pals, radio host and author August McLaughlin, to help introduce us to NEW RESOLUTIONS that will not only help us live happier lives but will help others as well. She asks, “What can we do to live better? Bolder? Happier? What are we willing to face, change, sacrifice or embrace? These questions paired with action can make the hum drum extraordinary, the pretty-darn-good freaking awesome and, if the masses partake, the whole world a better place.”
I’m not suggesting to toss the above usual resolutions…but religiously work on one or two and add some unique ones to help you be a BETTER YOU year round. In my opinion, we all could use a resolution makeover!
9 New Year’s Resolutions/Mind Changers to Add to Your Repertoire From Us to You:
1. Stop telling yourself you’re too ________ (old, fat, boring, ugly…).
2. Do something that scares you every day, week or month. If you live a mundane life you will get mundane results. Live a little more! Petting the adult leopard(shown below) scared the sh*t out of me. I was so happy I did it!
3. Pursue your passions in life. Yes, you may be thinking …duh! Even if you have a 9-5 job, 3 kids and a family member to take care. Sketch out some time for you. Maybe hire a baby-sitter or help to give you more time to pursue a passion. If not now, then when?
4. Shake it Off. Your friends, family and co-workers will most likely at one time offend you. I’ve had friends not talk to me for years because of a misunderstood text message or comment. It breaks my heart every time. Forget that one comment, email etc. and allow others to be human and not act how you prefer every second. I am finally at a time in my life, that I am no longer easily offended. Amen and thank you Joyce Meyer for helping me with this! If anyone feel like calling me a name, punching me in the face or taking something out on me…go for it and I’ll still love ya. Hahahah!
5. Take an inventory of your sex life. Gotta love August for this one! We can’t hope to improve that which we don’t acknowledge. Being married, sex can sometimes feel like a chore. Make an effort to enjoy sex with your spouse more often. Studies have shown sex helps you live a longer and healthier life. Bow chicka wow wow!
6. Tithe. In November 2014, I made an commitment to give a portion of my income to “helping the world” institutions like Treasures, Joyce Meyer Ministries, churches I frequent and animal shelters. I can truthfully say that 2015 has been the most financial successful year for me….and I enjoyed giving. Even if you don’t go to church look for people or charities that need your help and watch the universe/God bless you. Giving is the best gift!
7. Wear Something that Brings You Joy Everyday. Choose colors, prints, shapes and/or your favorite ________ that makes you happy. For example, in addition to the above I also wear Christmas socks year round. When I slip into the red, green and white softness it brings a smile to my face.
8. Compliment; Don’t Fault Find. Give your friends and family the freedom to be themselves. Remember, no one is perfect! Focus on one’s positives not their negatives. We’ve all managed to focus on the good and
forget forgive the bad for life long GOOD TIMES(Christmas family photo below).
9. Embrace your body as is. Yes, experts recommend exercising regularly but that doesn’t mean you have to wait till that “perfect” weight to feel fab NOW.
For more FEEL GOOD suggestions join us in celebrating 100 episodes of August McLaughlin’s #GirlBonerRadio! I loved turning the tables and interviewing her about, EMBRACEABLE, all-things-GB, her modeling days and more. Plus, hearDr. Megan Fleming‘s tips for relationship goals in the new year and her favorite perks of the show. Fun, fun!
Listen on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/…/celebrating-100-epi…/id814715884…
Listen on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=41785098
If you’d like to read Embraceable, hop over to Amazon (CLICK HERE) to grab your Kindle copy. Totally worth reading!
Have a very happy and EMBRACEABLE New Year!