If you know me, you know I’m a big animal lover, volunteer, and rescuer. I’ve always gone through phases. Some weeks I’m able to physically donate my time and other weeks I’m too busy. If this is you I get it! However, you don’t have to physically volunteer, adopt or donate millions of dollars to give back to the world. By shopping these brands you are making a difference from the comfort of your home…and shopping at the same time. Woo-hoo! Anyone can get involved anytime anywhere.Animal-friendly styles and companies have come a long way and offer something for everyone including gifts, fashion finds and everyday purchases. I hope you love my choices!
7 ANIMAL- FRIENDLY FASHION FINDS
1. FETCH EYEWEAR: They help you pick sunglasses, prescription and reading glasses according to your face shape, skin tone, hair and eye color. I’m a big fan of shopping this way. Starting at $95 for sunglasses and $125 for prescription glasses(what a deal!) you can try from the comfort of your own home. 100% of the net proceeds from each purchase to support a pet in need.
2. ARM THE ANIMALS: A clothing line that is a combination of punk rock, pop culture, humor, street art and has an “in your face”/“take a strong stand” activist vibe. Starting at $7.50 for pet bandanas and tanks at $12.99 you can join the Arm the Animals revolution. Your purchases will provide donations to over 100 different animal welfare organizations.
3.“GIVE LOVE” CHARM by CHAMILIA: A gift for all ages that will last a lifetime because it’s sterling silver. A portion of proceeds go to the Humane Society International, helping all animals all over the world.
4. SHOP FROM ONLINE ETHICAL BOUTIQUE BEAD AND REEL: All items are sweatshop, animal, and cruelty-free. BAGS are 100% vegan and come from ethical companies and artisans who hand make the bags and give back to animal and human welfare charities. I got a bag made out of cork from here!
5. VEGAN SHOES FROM BC FOOTWEAR (Born In California): Stylish vegan boots comes in styles for the conscious fashionista in mind. The best part their offices are in LA. Starting at $60 for flats and $95.00 for boots. I have the mules and mod 60’s ankle booties.
6. BOBS FOR DOGS FROM SKETCHERS: BOBS for Dogs has partnered with Best Friends Animal Society®, a no-kill organization dedicated to these animals…putting on Strut Your Mutt event happening Oct 21 at Exposition Park in LA. They donate millions to save the lives of dogs and cats in America’s shelters.
7. AMAZON SMILE PROGRAM: You can give back at no extra cost to you! Amazon will donate a portion of all your purchases to your favorite charitable organization through the Amazon Smile Program. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
Check out more info on my KCAL 9 SPOT I did last week to help support the Strut Your Mutt event and our animal-friendly fashion finds. My hope is to inspire us all to do our part when we can. Happy shopping!